Statement of Purpose
for Elderholme Nursing Home
Elderholme Nursing Home is an independent and non-for profit organisation, registered with the Charity Commission as Wirrelderly charity, providing residential and nursing care for people from but not limited to Merseyside and Cheshire regions. Opened in November 1989 originally as a 48 bed nursing home. In February 2018 it expanded to a 64 bed residential accommodation.
Charity’s Objects as in the Articles of Association
(29 November 2012)
- To relieve the aged and infirm particularly but not exclusively those who are residents in the Borough of Wirral
- To maintain and conduct a residential nursing home or provide other health and social care services
- To conduct undertake and promote or encourage research into the care and treatment of the aged and infirm and to provide for the dissemination of the results of such research.
- To promote encourage or assist in the teaching or training of doctors nurses physiotherapists administrators and managers and other persons engaged in any branch of medicine surgery nursing or allied services and in the teaching or training in any branch of medicine surgery nursing or allied services.
Aims and Philosophy of Care
Elderholme Nursing Home aims to provide its residents with a secure, dignified, and homely environment to live as comfortably as possible approaching the end of their life. All our staff are trained to provide care whilst maintaining dignity, individuality and privacy in a safe environment. Staff are sensitive to Resident’s ever changing needs whether they be medical, cultural, psychological, spiritual, emotional or social. Residents and their families are actively encouraged to take part in their care plan formulation and its regular reviews.
The right of Service Users to be left alone and undisturbed whenever they wish.
The understanding of Service User’s needs and treatment of them with respect.
Allowing Service Users to take calculated risks, to make their own decisions and think and act for themselves. CHOICE: Giving Service Users the opportunity to select for themselves from a range of alternative options.
Keeping all basic human rights available to the Service Users.
Enabling Service Users to realise their own aims and helping them to achieve these goals in all aspects of daily living.
The Services Provided
Elderholme Nursing Home provides Respite, Long Stay Nursing, Residential, Physical Disabilities, Learning Disabilities, Dementia, Sensory Impairment, Treatment of disease disorder or injury and End of Life care for mainly elderly but also for all adults aged 18+.
Elderholme nursing staff are trained to care for people with complex medical requirements such as tracheostomy, PEG, ventilators etc.
SERVICE CONTACT DETAILS
Registered Provider and Location where the Services are provided
Name: Wirrelderly t/a Elderholme Nursing Home
Status: Registered charity – charity no 700121
Limited company – company number 02120194
Provider ID – 1-101649839
Location ID – 1-117981621
Address for Service:
Elderholme Nursing Home
Clatterbridge Health Park
Name: Jane Lockwood
Experience: Over 30 years working with the elderly
Registered General Nurse NVQ Level 4 & Level 5
Leadership and Management in Social Care
Regulated activities managed by this manager:
- Nursing and Personal Care
- Accommodation for persons who require nursing or personal care
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
The Registered Manager is based in Elderholme Nursing Home.
Her normal working hours are 09.00 – 16.00 Mon – Fri except Bank Holidays.