The aim of this policy is to ensure that all concerns and complaints made by Residents, Relatives or other agencies are dealt with quickly and effectively and any problems resolved.
- This home is committed to providing high-quality services and are constantly seeking ways to improve that quality.
- Your comments, compliments, suggestions or complaints are always welcome at this home and we take pride in responding to them quickly, effectively and honestly.
- Any complaints should be discussed, in confidence, with the nurse in charge. S/He will document the complaint and either resolve the issue with you, or explain that the Manager will deal with it and let them know the outcome.
- All complaints, whether resolved or not, must be documented on the complaints form which is countersigned by the Manager when they are next on duty. Any unresolved complaints will be investigated by the Manager, Mrs Jane Lockwood and feedback, either verbal or written, will be given within 7 days.
- If the complainant is not happy with the Managers decision/solution, they should write to the Chief Executive Officer, stating the problem. He will investigate the complaint and reply, in writing, within 14 days.
Mr Lawson Stebbings
Elderholme Nursing Home,
Clatterbridge Health Park,
- No Resident, Relative or other person will be treated in a prejudiced or unfair manner for raising a concern. We positively encourage people to raise their concerns so we may deal with problems and maintain standards.
- If the complaint cannot satisfactorily be resolved within the home, it will be referred onto the Social Services Quality Assurance Dept.,
St. Catherine’s Health Centre,
- Service Users may also approach the Care Quality Commission with any concerns.
Their contact details are:
North West Region,
Care Quality Commission,
Newcastle upon Tyne.
Tel: 03000 616161
Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 471
Tel: 0300 061 0614
- All complaints and concerns are audited at our Management meetings as part of our Quality Control.
Reviewed January 2021