Working at Elderholme
At Elderholme Nursing Home we strive to create a warm, friendly and enjoyable environment for our staff as well as our residents. If you are looking for a rewarding and satisfying role as part of the Elderholme family we are looking for people to join us.
If you would like any further information about any of the roles shown please contact Carolyn Gregory. Tel. 0151 334 0200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
We are looking for a VOLUNTEER BEFRIENDER!
- Someone who is interested in other people
- Someone who is a good listener
- Someone one who is reliable
- Someone who could commit to volunteering 2-3 hours each week
VOLUNTEER BREAKFAST / LUNCH FOOD SUPPORT
- Someone who is patient, kind with a mature attitude and is a good listener
- Someone who is interested in learning about Food Safety and Care Support in a Nursing Home Environment
- Someone who can commit to the hours of 8am – 10 am (Breakfast) and / or 12pm – 2pm (Lunch)
END OF LIFE DIGNITY VOLUNTEER
- Someone who is empathetic, kind, a good listener and patient, with a positive and supportive attitude
- Someone who is an excellent all around communicator
- Someone who is able to support care staff in upholding the dignity and care for residents at the last stage of their life.
- Someone who is sensitive to the emotional and psychological needs of the residents and their loved ones.
- Free DBS certificate
- Free refreshments
- The opportunity to make new friends in a welcoming, rewarding and sociable environment
- Free in-house training suited to your choice of Volunteer support
- Certificate(s) to underscore your potential CPD
Potential opportunities for future employment
Care Assistant – Full, Part-Time and Bank (Days and Nights)
We are looking for kind, caring and motivated individuals to provide care to the residents of Elderholme. You will be responsible for providing personal care to each of our residents and assisting them with all their requirements. You will be expected to maintain a safe and secure environment for the residents, your colleagues and visitors at all times.
Applicants should have a desire and willingness to care for the elderly and participate in training and development. Applicants should have excellent communication skills at all levels and must be happy working as part of a team.
Qualifications in Health and Social care are desirable, and experience is necessary, along with an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Registered General Nurse – Full, Part-Time and Bank (Days and Nights)
We are looking for Registered Nurses (RGN) with experience of working in care home or specialist care environments to provide nursing care to our residents. You will be responsible for managing the care of our residents by managing their medication, ensuring care is provided according to individuals’ care plans, general nursing duties and for supervising other healthcare staff.
You must hold a current NMC PIN and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check will be completed. Experience of working with tracheostomies and ventilators would be an advantage.
Domestic Assistant – Bank (Days)
We are looking for kind and caring individuals to provide a clean and safe environment for Elderholme residents, staff and visitors. You will be responsible for carrying out all domestic duties ensuring residents’ rooms, bathrooms, toilets and communal areas are kept clean and tidy at all times and in line with infection control guidelines.
Applicants do not need to have worked in a care environment previously, but it is important that you are caring, have strong attention to detail and take pride and ensuring we have welcoming and clean environment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check will be sort.